08 June 2010

super-glue and cartograms

i am lost and broken and long to be among the trees- hanging from their branches, watching through upside-down eyes the sunlight shining down through the leaves onto my outstretched arms. i often think of the trees of my youth, giant and magnificent in whose shade i often sat, the moisture of the cool grass on my bare feet. i miss those trees, those friends so ancient and wise that they knew not to talk. they'd comfort you with rustling foliage, with the sorrowful sound of their creaking bodies. to hear the wind whistle through their leaves, to see them shiver in the chill of early autumn, ahh! that is joy. i sometimes dream of them, surrounding me with their silence, cradling me in their time-honored roots and casting their green light onto my face. i wish never to wake from these dreams, but i always do, and i find myself upon the same concrete paths i take every day. Oh, the monotonous task of living, reality is such absolute drudgery. how i wish i could live to be as old and solid as a tree, rooted in dark soil with ladybugs crawling on my trunk and birds roosting in my branches. there is nothing that i want more than to know how sweet it is to be so steadfast and quiet, and to watch the world lay their sorrows silently at my feet.


21 september 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment